Welcome to the 52nd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between July 18th and July 25th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Thorchain has been recently exploited again, with $8M gone.
- The New Jersey Attorney General has recently prepared a Cease and Desist order to stop offering interest-bearing accounts against BlockFi, as regulators continue to put their crosshairs on DeFi.
- CoinFund has recently launched a $83M venture fund, with their fund being mainly aimed at DeFi and NFTs. Investors in the fund included Venrock and others.
- Sushiswap is discussing VC raise, along with a continuing period of many governance calls and commentary to attempt to make most people happy and to encourage people working on Sushiswap and investing in it.
- The DeFi project Aave is to release an ETH-based Twitter alternative this year, according to the protocol’s founder.
- Neon Labs has recently deployed its own cross-chain EVM solution on the Solana Blockchain, as they continue to build secure blockchain solutions.
- Want a list of events to go to? We have a calendar full of DeFi events, including meetups, conferences, hackathons and more around the globe. Find it here.
- Coin98 has raised $11.25M in a strategic funding round, with main investors including Hashed, Spartan Group, and many more.
- Visor Finance has recently raised $3.5M in funding, so they could boost the development of their next phase of its active liquidity management protocol.
- Binance US is reportedly ‘looking at [a] IPO route,’ the CEO CZ has said, also expressing confidence that the exchange is going to face regulation in the near future.
💱 DEX Report
- Sushi has recently revealed their new all-in-one AMM named ‘Trident’, after their ‘7/20’ social media campaign.
- Uniswap Labs has recently restricted access to certain tokens in its interface, citing the ‘evolving regulatory landscape’.
- Tokemak has recently raised $4M from firms Framework Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, and other important firms to build a ‘liquidity reactor’ for DEXs.
💎 NFT News
- The NFT Marketplace ‘4K’ has raised $3M in seed funding so that they can combine NFTs and Luxury Goods into one market, both paired with each other in storage.
- The NFT market OpenSea has recently hit a record $1.5B valuation, after wild NFT hype and being extremely well positioned.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 53rd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋