Welcome to the 163rd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between September 24th and October 1st, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The US Treasury went after a Sinaloa Cartel ETH wallet linked to the trafficking of fentanyl.
- The CFTC charged Mosaic and its founder over a “digital asset commodity scheme.”
- Curve’s founder settled his entire debt position on Aave.
- The Federal Reserve recently released a report on tokenization.
- Taiwan is issuing crypto guidance as it begins to set regulatory rules in place.
- Hong Kong is also to issue guidance on tokenizing stocks in the near term.
- Alchemy recently acquired Satsuma, a data indexing platform.
- Circle launched Circle Research with the goal of advancing DeFi innovation.
- OKX Ventures invested in the knowledge graph protocol 0xScope.
- Cartesi’s rollup network went live, with the first app on the network being Honeypot.
- VanEck is to donate 10% of the Ethereum ETF profits to the core devs.
- Jade Protocol faced calls to liquidate its $31M treasury.
- MoneyGram is to release a non-custodial crypto wallet in 2024.
- The creator of Bitcoin Ordinals recently launched a fungible token protocol named “Runes.”
- Rated, a startup offering infrastructure datasets, secured $12.89M in Series A funding.
- Avantis Labs closed its $4M seed funding round, with the round led by Pantera Capital.
- Bril Finance, a portfolio manager, raised $3M in funding.
- Pimlico raised $1.6M in funding, hoping to use the funds to accelerate Ethereum’s transition to smart accounts.
- Aptos and Thala launched a $1M fund, hoping to aid DeFi protocols.
- Zunami Protocol successfully completed its angel investing round.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 164th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋