Welcome to the 33rd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between March 7th and March 14th, 2021.
Want to mine some yield farming knowledge? We’re leaking alpha. Check out defiprime’s new Alpha DeFi community forum, where we regularly launch great new yield farming guides!
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The Ethereum blockchain may pivot fully to PoS consensus much faster than anyone realized.
- Ethereum’s Berlin upgrade is ready to be deployed.
- The Keep and NuCypher projects have proposed a “hard merge” meld.
- Saffron Finance welcomed a new series of strategic partners to the project, including Dragonfly Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and more.
- OpenZeppelin released Sentinels, a smart contract monitoring and emergency response app.
- The Spartan Council outlined updates to the Synthetix governance process.
- Chainlink oracles are now live on the Arbitrum Rollup testnet.
- With the PoolTogether Prize Pool Builder, pool creators can now customize their yield sources.
- Swiss fintech firm Taurus Group has integrated with both Aave’s V1 and V2 systems.
- Coinbase listed SUSHI, MATIC, and SKL.
- Furucombo is issuing iouCOMBO tokens as a means of repaying the victims of the protocol’s recent $15M exploit.
- The social token platform Roll was compromised, leading to an attacker dumping troves of social tokens on the open marketplace.
- Sommelier Finance released its Ethereum Coprocessor tool, which can make providing liquidity friendlier for DeFi users.
- Ribbon Finance is in the process of building on-chain Option Vaults.
- Yam Finance published an “ELI5 handbook” for uSTONKs, including how to long and short the basket of tokenized stocks.
- If you’re sleeping on Yam + UMA Protocol’s Degenerative Finance platform, then you’re missing out.
- Andre Cronje published a primer covering how keep3r.network and unit.xyz work.
- Chainlink created a guide on Miner-Extractable Value (MEV).
- The Ceramic Network team outlined how to create a conviction voting (CV) dapp.
- StakeWise launched its staking platform on the Ethereum mainnet and completed a $2M fundraise.
- DeFi options platform FinNexus just raised $1.5M in a round led by IOSG Ventures.
- Alchemix Finance raised $4.9M from investors like Alameda Research and CMS Holdings.
- Crypto financial services firm BlockFi raised $350M in its Series D round.
- The DAOHaus DAO infrastructure project is launching its HAUS community token. If you’re rusty on DAOs or know someone interested in learning more, point them to Linda Xie’s new “A beginner’s guide to DAOs.”
- Alpha Homora kicked off its latest ALPHA liquidity mining programs.
- The Argent team had a great write-up on their L1 and L2 plans. For the near future, they’ll be focusing on integrating with zkSync.
- Dash has finalized its bridge to Ethereum, powered by StakeHound.
- This week defiprime interviewed FinNexus co-founder Ryan Tian.
💱 DEX Report
- 0x is creating a community DAO to handle the protocol’s governance going forward.
- Be sure to check out this excellent DEX dashboard over on Dune Analytics, created by Hagaetc.
- The DODO trading protocol was exploited for over $2M. The project has since released a community update and postmortem on the incient.
- KINE kicked off its Initial DEX Offering through a Balancer Liquidity Bootstrapping Pool.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Fei Protocol outlined the details of its Genesis Group token release event.
- Maker has unveiled the Optimism Dai Bridge, which will let users quickly move Dai between Ethereum and the Optimism L2 without having to worry about long withdrawal periods.
- The Frax team released the details of the stablecoin project’s optimized V2 system.
- The Dynamic Set Dollar team outlined their roadmap to DSD V2.
💎 NFT News
- Interested in investing into an NFT index fund? This Metaversal guide has you covered.
- Beeple’s NFT EVERYDAYS: THE FIRST 5,000 DAYS sold for $69M at its Christie’s auction.
- MoonCats, an NFT project created not long after CryptoPunks in 2017, was rediscovered and revived this week.
- Amy Castor reports that MetaKovan, the figure who paid $69M for Beeple’s NFT at Christie’s, is Vignesh Sundaresan.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 34th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋