Welcome to the 23rd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 20th and December 27th, 2020.
Want to mine some yield farming knowledge? We’re leaking alpha. Check out defiprime’s new Alpha DeFi community forum, where we regularly launch great new yield farming guides! Also, check out our new DeFi Person of the Year 2020 awards.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Cryptocurrency hardware wallet company Ledger said it won’t reimburse users in the wake of a massive privacy leak around its customer base.
- Nexus Mutual founder Hugh Karp published a post-mortem report on the exploit an attacker recently used to manipulate Karp into signing a malicious transaction. The founder’s wallet was drained of 370,000 NXM at the time.
- The SEC is suing Ripple, alleging the firm has sold XRP for years as an unregistered security under U.S. federal law.
- Yam Finance and UMA Protocol introduced uGAS, a synthetic gas futures token that lets users speculate on Ethereum gas prices.
- Decrypt published an awesome “2020 Year in Review: DeFi” article this week.
- Decentralized derivatives project Opium Protocol released a token economics report on its $OPIUM governance token.
- In a new Deribit Insights write-up, Hasu said he now thinks of governance tokens “as a necessity and an important incentive mechanism.”
- DIY flash loan protocol Furucombo is launching a COMBO governance token.
- pNetwork, a project focused on cross-chain interoperability, is launching its pNetwork Dawn upgrade.
- PieDAO is launching the Yearn Ecosystem PieVault, or YPIE.
- Check out defiprime’s interview with dHEDGE’s Henrik Andersson and how the rising decentralized asset management protocol is aimed at democratizing investing.
- While you’re at it, be sure to check out our DeFi predictions for 2021, too.
- Ether was the king in 2020 …
💱 DEX Report
- The HydraDX team released the third part of its “Intro to HydraDX” report series.
- Decentralized exchange Curve launched its sETH pool, the protocol’s first Ethereum-based pool.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Heard about the algorithmic stablecoin project Empty Set Dollar but don’t know where to start? Here’s an excellent YouTube guide on ESD staking that you won’t want to miss.
- The President’s Working Group on Financial Markets called for additional regulatory safeguards around stablecoin issuers in the U.S. For more context, check out Haseeb Qureshi’s excellent new write-up on the STABLE Act.
- Stablecoin transaction volume exploded in 2020 …
💎 NFT News
- Meet Hot or Not, for NFTs: a new NFT appraisal platform.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 24th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋