Welcome to the 118th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 30th and November 6th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Vitalik is urging DeFi to slow down its integration with traditional finance.
- The SEC has issued a subpoena to influencers promoting $HEX, PulseChain, and PulseX.
- DAOs are favoring tax havens compared to crypto-friendly US states.
- Galaxy Digital, a crypto firm, is to cut down on 20% of its workforce.
- Gearbox has released liquidity mining for $GEAR.
- PieDAO has proposed a token buyback after the end of its liquidity mining program.
- Arco Protocol, an Aptos-based project, has requested a vote of confidence from its community.
- TrueFi, a lending protocol, has issued a notice of default to Invictus Capital, due to failing to pay off their loan.
- CoinFund is seeking to secure $250M in a seed fund.
- The Lingfeng Innovation Fund has raised $20M in funding.
- WalletConnect has closed a $12.5M ecosystem funding round.
- Token Flow has closed a $12M Series A funding round, aiming to expand its blockchain data platform.
- Braavos has raised $10M in funding, with Pantera Capital leading the round.
- NiftyApes have secured $4.2M in funding, with Coinbase Ventures leading the round.
- Centrifuge, a DeFi protocol, has closed a $4M strategic funding round.
- Mozart has closed a $3M funding round, aiming to use the funds to build an NFT platform.
- VenturePunk has raised $1.5M in funding to build a web3 product studio.
💱 DEX Report
- DEX volumes have hit a 23-month low.
- Rubic, a cross-chain DEX, has lost over $1M in funds after hackers gained access to private keys.
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 119th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋