Welcome to the 54th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between August 1st and August 8th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Popsicle Finance/$ICE was recently exploited for $25M through a complex hack exploiting reward debt and more.
- The London Hard Fork recently went live, with EIP-1559 and deflationary base fee burns being introduced with it.
- Biden’s new infrastructure bill reportedly contains a “poorly-crafted provision” in which new surveillance requirements can be birthed for many within blockchain ecosystems.
- Aave’s founder Stani Kulechov, recently mentioned that Aave is exploring expansion to multiple new networks, including Solana, Avalanche, L2, and more.
- DeversiFi recently launched their first L2 bridge between themselves and Polygon, in an attempt to improve transfer speeds.
- Version 2 of the Empty Set protocol recently went live, while also setting up incentivizers to create provision liquidity for the ESS token.
- TrustToken has recently raised $12.5M in a funding round, with main investors being A16z (Andreessen Horowitz), BlockTower, and Alameda.
- Nakji Network, an indexing protocol for blockchain data, has raised $8.8M in SAFT funding.
- Krystal has recently raised $6.6M through seed funding, with main investors including Hashed, participation from DeFi Alliance, and more.
- Sense Finance recently raised $5.2M to further their mission of building a more equitable financial system serving everyone and promoting individual choice.
💱 DEX Report
- dYdX recently announced $DYDX, their governance token, with the initial distribution occurring at the start of September.
💎 NFT News
- Recently, the founder of the NFT game Hedgie was scammed out of 16 CryptoPunks and “a bunch of ETH.”
- Speaking of NFT games, have you wondered about why they are becoming popular? We’ve spoken about it recently and also explored multiple projects and where it could go. Find it here.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 55th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋