Welcome to the 105th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between July 31st and August 7th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Solana’s Slope wallet users recently suffered an exploit, with at least 8K wallets hacked and somewhere around $5M stolen.
- Hashed, a VC firm, confirmed that they lost more than $3B in the Luna crash.
- Reportedly, vulnerabilities in cross-chain bridges are emerging as the top security risk.
- Aave proposed to freeze the Aave V3 Fantom market, aiming to allow users to settle their debts and withdraw but block further deposits and loans on that market.
- Uniswap also performed a temperature check to create the Uniswap Foundation.
- New Order DAO announced a startup accelerator program, aiming to fund and help builders.
- We did an interview recently with Index Coop, and how they’ve launched a DAO to democratize access to complex crypto strategies.
- Lattice Capital secured $60M in funding, with the money going towards their second crypto fund.
- Messari, a crypto intel firm acquired Web3’s version of Crunchbase, named Dove Metrics, recently
- Coherent, a data startup founded by a former Coinbase employee, closed a $4.5M funding round.
💎 NFT News
- Starbucks is planning to enter Web3, with plans of creating an NFT rewards program.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 106th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋