Welcome to the 56th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between August 15th and August 22nd, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- According to the SEC chairman, Gary Gensler, some DeFi projects could come under the SEC’s oversight.
- FinTech Collective has raised $250M in funding, with $50 million focused on open-source, composable financial protocols
- The Avalanche Foundation has recently announced a $180M DeFi incentive program, to attempt to bring blue-chip DeFi dapps to Avalanche.
- ParaFi and Dragonfly supported a new fund with $50M for Web3 applications in APAC.
- A temporary DOS was recently disclosed to Polygon by iosoro, and remediated by Polygon themselves.
- Dune Analytics has recently opposed a $25M Uniswap grant to its competitor, arguing that it makes no sense for it to be funneled to one provider when there are so many.
- Impossible Finance has recently named OpenSwap as its first project for their DeFi launchpad.
- Balancer has recently partnered with Lido on a joint MetaStable pool incentive program, to attempt to further pool liquidity.
- Bloomberg and Galaxy Digital have recently teamed up on a DeFi index, which includes Uniswap, Aave, Maker, Compound, Sushi, and Yearn.
- Wondering about privacy in crypto? We recently talked with 0xNovachrono of Projectuanthe about how they are trying to build an open organization that empowers anonymous P2P transactions through ringCT, NFT, and DeFi interactions. Find it here.
- Also interested in Solana? We recently started tracking and exploring the Solana DeFi ecosystem. Find it here.
- Chainflip, a cross-chain protocol, has recently raised $6M in funding to support their growth and security audits.
- A group of former Goldman Sachs employees have recently launched the DeFi protocol Ondo, with $4M in seed funding raised for the project.
- Exactly Finance raised $3M in seed funding last week to attempt to introduce fixed income to DeFi.
- Scallop is set to close its $2.5M seed funding round, with the main investor being Blackedge Capital.
💱 DEX Report
- QuickSwap has recently introduced limit orders on their DEX, with Gelato Network powering those orders.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 57th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋