Welcome to the 21st issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 6th and December 13th, 2020.
Want to mine some yield farming knowledge? We’re leaking alpha. Check out defiprime’s new Alpha DeFi community forum, where we regularly launch great new yield farming guides!
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The best-performing tokens since DeFi’s last bottom on Oct. 31st? SUSHI, AAVE, and YFI.
- Pickle Finance is “in the final stages” of implementing its new Smart Treasury system, which, among other things, will serve as an automatic PICKLE buyback machine.
- Yield aggregator project Yearn released a Q3 2020 report. We’ll likely see more decentralized projects release such reports going forward.
- There now appears to be over 1 million DeFi users. How long until 1 billion?
- The Synthetix team extended the Synthetix Volume Program for another 3 months.
- The G7 nations are starting to closely eye cryptocurrency regulations.
- Elastic decentralized loans? They’re now possible courtesy of Value DeFi Protocol and Chainlink.
- Decentralized notifications project Ethereum Push Notification Service (EPNS) raised $750k in funding this week.
- Synthetic assets project UMA and elastic supply project YAM Finance have entered into a partnership centered around developer mining.
- DeFi platform YIELD, which is gunning to make using DeFi simple, raised $4.9M this week.
- Be sure to check out Yearn Partner Roundup #1.
- Coinbase’s latest “Around the Block” issue was focused on “ETH killers.”
- Rari Capital is migrating its liquidity over to Melon Protocol.
- Lending protocol Tax Heaven integrated a dozen Chainlink price feeds.
- The Dev Protocol team released Stakes Social V3, a system that allows supporters to back open-source software (OSS) projects of their choosing through inflationary funding.
- Hearing more about social tokens lately but not sure where to start? A new primer from Zima Red will get you up to speed in no time.
- Crypto exchange OKEx listed a series of new tokens including COVER, HEGIC, KP3R, and PICKLE.
- CoinGecko published an excellent visual guide to recent flash loan attacks around DeFi …
💱 DEX Report
- The Gnosis team revealed the Gnosis Custom Market Maker, which works as a meld between the Gnosis Protocol DEX and the Gnosis Safe Multisig.
- Liquidity aggregator project Kyber Network published its 21st Kyber Ecosystem Report, covering November 2020.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- The Maker team published a post-mortem report on an oracle outage incident that affected the Multi-Collateral Dai (MCD) system on Nov. 25th, 2020.
- USDC is on the rise, as the stablecoin’s total supply has passed the 3B milestone for the first time.
- The latest Deribit Insights write-up was on algorithmic stablecoins.
💎 NFT News
- Ethereum-based cryptoart platform SuperRare unveiled timed auction formats.
- The artist beeple made over $1M in sales over the weekend from his latest Nifty Gateway drops.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 22nd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋