Welcome to the 25th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between Jan. 10th and Jan. 17th, 2021.
Want to mine some yield farming knowledge? We’re leaking alpha. Check out defiprime’s new Alpha DeFi community forum, where we regularly launch great new yield farming guides! Also, check out our Biggest DeFi Hacks in 2020 and DeFi Person of the Year 2020 awards.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Self-driving banks? It’s the future, according to U.S. OCC Chief Brian Brooks.
- Building in DeFi isn’t always peachy. Yearn founder Andre Cronje laid out some of the frustrations that DeFi builders can face lately in a new op-ed.
- The second-largest bitcoin mining pool Poolin is launching an ERC-20 underpinned by its hashrate activity.
- On-chain synthetic assets project Synthetix released its 2021 roadmap post.
- The Aave team released its latest Aavenomics Quarterly Upgrade report.
- The DAO-focused Aragon Association acquired Dvote Labs OÜ, a decentralized anonymous voting project. The move comes amid several high-profile resignations from Aragon.
- Cream Finance just rolled out the Iron Bank, a protocol-to-protocol lending and liquidity project.
- Warp Finance, the lending and borrowing project for LP tokens, just relaunched.
- Synthetix is in the middle of transitioning to the L2 scaling solution Optimism. SNX staking on L2 is live now!
- The Yearn community is considering a Buyback and Build program.
- Are we in the DeFi-driven, Fourth Crypto Cycle? a16z’s Chris Dixon says aye.
- Crypto exchange giant Binance is teaming up with the Orbs project to launch a new DeFi startup accelerator.
- The Optimism L2 solution is coming to the Ethereum mainnet soon!
- Yam Finance released its 2020 Recap and 2021 Roadmap.
- Ethereum’s multi-chain ecosystem is coming, courtesy of Connext Network.
- Decentralized derivatives project Opium Protocol just kicked off its liquidity pre-mining campaign.
- DeFi fixed-rate lending project Notional just launched out of Beta.
- defiprime interviewed Mirror Protocol co-founder Do Kwon and Cover Protocol co-founder Alan.
💱 DEX Report
- The Sushiswap V2 system will have single-sided asset exposure functionalities and impermanent loss (IL) mitigation mechanisms.
- The Bancor DEX released its v2.1 Protocol Health Report for Jan. 2021.
- Kyber Network released its Ecosystem Report for Dec. 2020.
- Monthly DEX volume this Jan. 2021 is on pace to break the Sept. 2020 record of +$15B.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- A gyroscopic stablecoin? It’s happening in the here and now.
- There’s a new algorithmic stablecoin on the block: Fei Protocol.
💎 NFT News
- Justin Roiland, a co-creator of Rick and Morty, just released his inaugural cryptoart drop via NiftyGateway.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 26th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋