Welcome to the 143rd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 30th and May 7th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- A US Court has ordered the SEC to respond to Coinbase’s allegations within 10 days.
- a16z recently urged the UK to consider a ‘more nuanced’ regulatory framework.
- Binance is planning on listing $FLOKI and $PEPE soon.
- EigenLayer is to launch on the Ethereum mainnet soon.
- Neigut, a blockstream developer, expects a Cambrian explosion of bitcoin L2 protocols soon.
- Stripe expanded access to its crypto.
- Temasek, an FTX investor, has recently invested $10M into Array.
- FARE Protocol, a crypto firm, raised $6.2M in funding before its token launch.
- Neutral, a crypto VC firm, closed a $5.5M funding round.
- Portals, a DeFi aggregator, has announced its $2M seed funding round.
- OpenTrade has raised over $1.5M in funding to build crypto-structured financial products.
- Cetus secured an undisclosed amount in seed funding, with the round co-led by OKX Ventures and Kucoin Ventures.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- $BUSD activity has slid to a two-year low.
- Curve’s $crvUSD stablecoin was recently deployed on the Sepolia testnet. It was later redeployed after a ‘mistake in the deployment script’.
💱 DEX Report
- Maverick, a DEX, recently rolled out liquidity incentives for price stability.
- SushiSwap has rolled out its V3 Liquidity Pool on 13 chains.
💎 NFT News
- Sotheby’s recently launched its own on-chain secondary NFT market.
- A former OpenSea executive has been convicted in an NFT insider trading trial.
- Blend, a perpetual lending protocol that supports NFT collateral, was recently announced.
- ConsenSys L2 Linea recently added an NFT loyalty campaign to drive adoption.
- AlienSwap has closed a $12M funding round, aiming to build the leading NFT trading layer.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 144th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋