Welcome to the 158th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between August 20th and August 27th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Banteg published a leaked database with the info of 101K friend.tech users, with the info linking to crypto addresses.
- Quantstamp revealed a tool to detect DeFi flash loan vulnerabilities.
- A US crypto tax proposal snares some DEXes and lets miners off the hook.
- Tornado Cash developers Roman Semenov and Roman Storm were charged with helping hackers launder $1B, with Storm being arrested.
- Coinbase has taken a stake in Circle and launched $USDC on six new chains.
- PancakeSwap has expanded to the ConsenSys-powered L2 Linea.
- A plugin providing “proof of humanity” for crypto apps was launched by Rarimo.
- Vessel Capital raised $55M in funding, and hopes to use the funds to invest in web3 infrastructure.
- Binance Labs announced an investment in Pendle Finance, a fixed-yield protocol.
💎 NFT News
- An Ex-OpenSea manager was convicted for the use of confidential information for profit, marking the first NFT insider-trading case.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 159th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋