Welcome to the 131st issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between February 5th and February 12th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- DForce protocol has suffered a loss of $3.6M in a new exploit.
- A CoW Swap hacker exploited 550 $BNB with a solver exploit.
- The Umami Finance CEO has dumped all of their tokens after drama.
- The HM Treasury and the Bank of England have published a joint consultation on a digital pound.
- Coinbase’s CEO, Brian Armstrong, has suggested that the SEC should ban staking.
- Kraken has agreed to shutter its US staking operations to settle its SEC charges. Reportedly, the SEC did not consult the industry before charging Kraken.
- Aave is to distribute Lido staking rewards on the Arbitrum and Optimism chains.
- Uniswap DAO has completed the vote for its proposed BNB deployment.
- MakerDAO has integrated Chainlink, a blockchain data provider, into its platform.
- SushiSwap has acquired Vortex Protocol, a Cosmos-based trading platform.
- Meteora recently went live.
- Synthetix has launched 22 new perps markets.
- Alchemix, a lender, approved an $ALCX token buyback plan.
- Lido has proposed “Turbo” and “Bunker” modes for post-shanghai Ethereum withdrawals.
- ENS DAO has voted to sell $16.5M worth of $ETH for $USDC.
- Trader Joe has recently integrated LayerZero, with $JOE evolving into an Omnichain token.
- Elementus has raised $10M in funding, aiming to continue building infrastructure.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Paxos, a stablecoin issuer, is being investigated by the New York Department of Financial Services.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 132nd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋