Welcome to the 73rd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 12th and December 19th, 2021.
Looking for work in the DeFi field? We have a list of available, vetted jobs in multiple places. Find it here.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Ethereum recently announced their client incentive program, which offers client teams ETH-denominated rewards that slowly unlock as they develop software which meets the requirements of the mainnet.
- Gravity Bridge, built by Althea, launched recently, and can serve as a gateway from Ethereum to the Cosmos blockchain, and ERC-20 tokens.
- Circle recently launched native USDC on the Avalanche Blockchain, to help accelerate DeFi adoption and the Avalanche Ecosystem.
- Chainlink’s Price Feeds are now live on the Harmony mainnet
- Hummingbot recently announced their governance token, named $HBOT. The token has a supply of 1B, and no economic or monetary value.
- Li.Finance recently announced their dApp Widget of the same name, which aims to allow users to buy, invest, or deposit anything from any chain into their own dapp, and also create a middle layer between DeFi’s infrastructure and application layers.
- We recently talked with co-founder Oliver Mehr of Phuture, a rebalancing engine which aims to make crypto investing more simple, and find a balance between cost and execution. Find it here.
- Nansen recently raised $75M in Series B funding, with Accel being the lead investor, and participation from GIC and a16z, among others.
- Ex Populus, a Web3 Gaming platform, raised $8.5M in funding, with an $80M valuation.
- Dune Analytics recently raised $8M in Series A funding, while also being valued at close to a $1B valuation.
- Bridgesplit announced their $4.25M seed funding round, with the round co-led by CoinFund and Jump Capital.
💱 DEX Report
- $LYRA, the token of the Lyra Protocol, recently went live, with 65M LYRA being distributed to 16K addresses on the 14th of December.
- Euler Finance, a startup backed by Paradigm, launched their own DeFi Lending platform, hoping that their unique features and long-tail assets are enough to compete with others.
💎 NFT News
- Adidas is releasing an NFT collection which gives exclusive access to streetwear drops.
- Fractal Wagmi recently announced Fractal, an NFT marketplace specifically aimed at gaming NFTs.
- Shopify recently announced their NFT beta program, for users to mint, list, and sell NFTs on their platform.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- The US Senate recently published a hearing on stablecoins, and the uses and risks involved with them.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 74th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋