Welcome to the 50th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between July 4th and July 11th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Chainswap was recently exploited for $8M, with the hacker market dumping the tokens.
- The London hard fork and EIP-1559 are scheduled to occur around the date of August 4th. It’ll reduce ETH supply with a burning basefee on each transaction.
- A group of crypto lobby groups have recently called for ‘well-balanced’ approaches to regulating DeFi.
- Aave is to reportedly launch permissioned deployment for institutions in July, with Aave Pro supporting BTC, ETH, AAVE, and USDC pools.
- The Graph have recently launched the Decentralized Data Economy, with a Graph Explorer, Subgraph Studio, and curation on the network going live, and anyone can curate data.
- 0x and Brave have partnered so that Brave can power their Brave Swap with the 0x API, to enable token trades directly from your Brave wallet.
- Yearn Vaults have now recently expanded to Enzyme Finance, allowing access for Yearn Vaults on another platform.
- Wondering about the possibility of fixed rates? Teddy Woodward of Notional Finance recently did an interview, explaining how Notional is trying to introduce fixed rates to crypto and a new set of use cases in DeFi. Find out here.
- The DeFi investing platform, Zerion, has raised $8.2M in Series A funding, led by Mosaic Ventures.
- Solrise Finance, a decentralized asset management protocol on Solana, has recently closed a $3.4M funding round.
- UMA has raised $2.6M with the token being sold to a small group of DeFi enthusiasts. Raise was structured with so called range token - a new treasury primitive that enables DAOs to access funds and diversify their treasury without directly selling their native tokens
- The DeFi Protocol, Tranches, has raised $1.5M in a seed funding round, led by investing firms Three Arrows and Spartan.
- Beta Finance has recently announced that Spartan Group, ParaFi Capital, Multicoin Capital, DeFiance Capital, and Delphi Digital have partnered with them as strategic investors.
💱 DEX Report
- DEX PancakeSwap’s token has jumped 15% in value over 24 hours, amid their burn event.
- Balancer has recently launched their Stable Pools, which aim to bring lower fees and improved value to all traders.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- The USDC Stablecoin Backer, Circle, is to go public that values it at $4.5B in a SPAC Deal.
💎 NFT News
- The sales volume of NFT has surged to $2.5B in the first half of 2021, from just $13.7M in the first half of 2020.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 51st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋