Welcome to the 90th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 17th and April 24th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The EU commission into a digital Euro is receiving negative comments for their attitude towards crypto.
- CISA recently released a report on the North Korean state-sponsored APT that’s targeting the crypto industry.
- Uniswap Labs is now blocking certain wallets from its frontend deemed to be engaged in illegal activity.
- dYdX announced their fourth version, where they plan to completely decentralize this year.
- Kadena is offering a $100M grant program, aimed at improving the Kadena network/ecosystem.
- Bancor 3’s beta went live on April 18th recently with new features.
- Yeti Finance recently launched on Avalanche, while also expanding its borrowing strategies and liquidity.
- Futureswap is also planning to launch on Avalanche, with Trader Joe as their first AMM.
- Kwenta presented their launch distribution details on April 21st for their $KWENTA token.
- Stakeholders in Compound closely rejected a proposal ending large token rewards.
- Framework Ventures is taking on and challenging the Silicon Valley VCs.
- Forta Network recently revealed their $FORT token, which provides an incentive structure to secure its network.
- Connext also discussed their $NEXT token.
- Polygon has dedicated $100M in funding to Supernets, while L1s are standing up app-specific blockchains.
- Privy raised $8M in seed funding, with the round co-led by Sequoia and BlueYard Capital.
- LiquiFi raised $5M in seed funding, with the round led by Dragonfly Capital.
- Hedge, a solana lending protocol, received $3.7M in funding, with Race Capital leading the round.
- Wombat Exchange raised an undisclosed amount in strategic funding recently, with the round led by Shima Capital.
💱 DEX Report
- Thales collaborated with Polygon on a trading competition, and also recently celebrated going multichain.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Justin Sun is to launch an algorithmic $USDD on Tron.
💎 NFT News
- Coinbase recently launched their NFT marketplace for closed beta.
- Louis Vuitton released new NFTs in the form of a branded mobile game.
- Injective Pro launched Bored Ape NFT floor-price perpetuals on April 21st.
- The new LimeWire has raised $10M+ in its private token sale, with the round led by Kraken Ventures, Arrington Capital and GSR.
- Mintbase raised $7.5M in Series A funding, alongside a $5M grants pool in an attempt to pioneer utility NFT infrastructure.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 91st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋