Welcome to the 170th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between November 12th and November 19th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- BlackRock filed for a spot Ethereum ETF with the SEC. Soon afterward, Fidelity also filed for an Ethereum ETF.
- Aave lending markets were paused and later resumed after a security vulnerability was discovered.
- Aave V3 Loan Volume spiked to an all-time high in daily assets borrowed.
- Aave has rebranded to Avara, according to its founder, Stani Kulechov. The company also acquired the wallet named Family.
- Opyn co-founders are to step down due to CFTC action.
- Australia updated its capital gains tax to include wrapped tokens and DeFi.
- Major companies like Microsoft and Tencent have joined Infura Network.
- Sushi is expanding to ZetaChain to support Bitcoin natively.
- Cboe is launching margined Bitcoin and Ether futures in January.
- Terraform Labs acquired Pulsar Finance; Pulsar Finance is a cross-chain portfolio manager.
- Taproot Wizards raised $7.5M in funding, aiming to use the funds for its Ordinals project.
- Kinto closed a $5M funding round, hoping to use the funds to make a “First KYC’d” L2 network.
- Glacier Network secured a $2.9M seed funding round, hoping to deliver programmable data composability for data primitives.
- Uniblock, a San Francisco-based startup, announced its $2.3M funding round.
- Napier Finance raised $1M in funding, hoping to contribute to the Curve ecosystem.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
💱 DEX Report
- Uniswap’s front-end fees have exceeded $1M in monthly profit.
- dYdX’s chain trading went live, entering the beta stage after a governance vote.
- dYdX’s insurance lost $9M after a “targeted attack.”
💎 NFT News
- An upcoming Disney NFT platform was revealed by Dapper Labs, including brands like Star Wars and works from Pixar.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 171st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋