Welcome to the 64th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 10th and October 17th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides, and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Indexed Finance was recently exploited for more than $16M.
- The SEC has approved the Bitcoin Futures ETF, with ProShares aimed to launch trading on the 18th of October.
- Ethereum Bangkok is to be held on the 29th of October, with names like Aave, Metamask, Alpha Finance, and more at the event.
- The payments company Stripe has recently said it’s reentering the crypto market to help build out the “future of Web3 payments”.
- ConsenSys has reportedly held funding round talks which value itself at $3B, with the company also looking to raise $250M in the funding round.
- Uniswap Labs has recently hired the senior spokesman for the ‘08 Obama Campaign amid the regulatory scrutiny.
- KyberDMM also launched Dynamic Trade Routing, with the aim of helping users source liquidity across different DEX’s to help achieve the best price.
- There has been a recent proposal to launch Aave V2 on the Fantom Opera blockchain.
- XDEFI Wallet has recently released public version 7.0 of its wallet Optimised for EIP-1559.
- Futureswap has recently raised $12M from lead investors Ribbit Capital, Framework, and Placeholder. Futureswap has also announced its V4 launch of the protocol.
- Aurora, an EVM for scaling dapps on NEAR, has recently raised $12M in its first private funding round.
- Nova Finance raised $3M in an investment round, with the lead investor being Solana.
- FIAT DAO raised $2M in seed funding recently, with the goal of empowering DeFi fixed income.
💱 DEX Report
- Binance has recently launched the $1B Binance Smart Chain Fund, with the main goal being to reach 1B crypto users.
- Sushi recently launched liquidity pools live on Celo on the 14th of October.
💎 NFT News
- Visa is reportedly launching an NFT program to support digital artists, while it also partners with Aku creator Micah Johnson.
- Coinbase is reportedly launching its own NFT program in an attempt to challenge OpenSea’s marketplace.
- OpenSea recently delisted the DAO Turtles project, citing that it broke rules related to carrying out its financial activities.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 65th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋