Welcome to the 83rd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between February 27th and March 6th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Switzerland is saying that it will freeze Russian Crypto Assets abroad.
- ConsenSys is dealing with a multi-billion audit, alongside shareholders claiming board breaches are occurring with fiduciary duties.
- Lido and Polygon have announced collaboration with each other, aided by Shard Labs.
- Yearn and Tenderly also partnered together to exchange developer tools among other useful information.
- A proposal for Bancor 3 was recently suggested.
- The [REDACTED] Cartel also proposed a merger with Lobis.
- Electric Capital, a venture firm, raised $1B to pour into crypto startups, holding more than $2B in assets.
- Sherlock, a project aiming to provide security to DeFi, is looking to raise $100M in a token round.
- Tenderly secured $40M in funding, following their 500% YoY growth in revenue.
- Polymer labs also closed a $3.6M funding round to build secure IBC infrastructure.
- A16z announced their investment in Lido, a project that allows you to use staked ETH like ETH is currently being used.
- Stakewise initialized strategic collaboration with Blockdaemon, along with receiving an undisclosed amount in strategic funding.
💱 DEX Report
- On Russian Exchanges, $BTC is trading with an up to $20K premium right now.
- The $BSTN token has been announced for the Bastion Protocol on their lending protocol, Aurora.
- Ribbon Finance announced the launch of veRBN on February 28th.
💎 NFT News
- NFT startup Rarify raised $100M in Series A funding.
- The SEC is criticizing the NFT market for allowing illegal crypto token offerings to occur.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 84th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋