Welcome to the 46th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between June 6th and June 13th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The Fed is reportedly considering a “once in a century” bid to create a digital dollar alongside the standard fiat currency.
- The US financial regulator has warned against strict cryptocurrency rules, stating that the SEC should “gamify our communications with investors”.
- Amazon is reportedly looking to hire Blockchain staffers with experience in DeFi, in a job ad posted for the position of Blockchain Head of Product.
- Solana Labs recently raised $314M in a new funding round, with investors including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), and Polychain Capital.
- The World Economic Forum recently released a new policy toolkit for DeFi regulations, so they can help regulatory bodies examine critical issues.
- Binance listed Tornado Cash (TORN), and opened trading for TORN/BTC, TORN/BNB, TORN/BUSD, and TORN/USDT on June 11th at 6 in the morning.
- Yearn.Finance was recently in Miami, and they are exploring a host of many new products and services, as their vaults continue to fatten.
- OKEx recently integrated with the Polygon network, enabling faster token transfer to Polygon.
- The DeFi startup InstaDApp has recently raised $10M in funding, as it attempts to build what it calls the “middleware” layer in the DeFi space.
- Hummingbot closed a $8M Series A funding round, led by lead investor Initialized Capital.
- Unbound Finance has raised $5.8M, led by lead investors Pantera Capital and Michael Arrington’s own XRP Capital.
- Jet Protocol has also announced a $4.8M seed round, with investors like CMS, mgnr, and more.
- Divergence Protocol has completed a couple seed and private financing rounds, raising $2.9M total for volatility-based derivatives.
💱 DEX Report
- 0x and Polygon have partnered so they can bring more than 1M new users to 0x-powered apps on Polygon.
- Curve Finance may have developed a new AMM model which allows for less slippage and more.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Dapper Labs has recently unveiled a new flow-native stablecoin, named FUSD, with other ERC-20 tokens to follow it.
💎 NFT News
- The “Covid Alien” CryptoPunk NFT sold for more than $11.7M to a billionaire buyer in Sotheby’s auction.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 47th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋