Welcome to the 13th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 11th and October 18th, 2020.
Want to mine some yield farming knowledge? We’re leaking alpha. Check out defiprime’s new Alpha DeFi community forum, where we just launched some great new guides on BOND, SWRV, and more.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- U.K. media boss and former banker Alexander Lebedev called DeFi “revolutionary.”
- Superstar yEarn dev Andre Cronje laid out a new DeFi system that can “generate as much trading fees as possible” and “offset IL [impermanent loss] as much as possible.”
- The Internet of Value? It’s already here and getting stronger all the while thanks to Ethereum, says The Defiant’s Cami Russo.
- Interested in the best practices when it comes to reporting your DeFi activities on your taxes? Don’t miss this new tax guide from defiprime!
- SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce talked shop about DeFi this week on Laura Shin’s Unchained podcast.
- CFTC Chairman Heath Tarbert commented: “The whole idea of DeFi really is, number one, it’s obviously revolutionary, and I think at the end of the day could lead to a massive disintermediation of the financial system and the traditional players.”
- Is DeFi the hottest thing in crypto right now? Don’t take my word for it, just read Bloomberg.
- Welcome Lido, a new ETH 2.0 staking solution.
- The Synthetix-powered derivatives project Kwenta is now live.
- The Gauntlet Network helped launch a risk score for DeFi protocols.
- The Graph Protocol revealed its GRT token sale and distribution scheme.
- Is the Dharma project taking over Uniswap’s governance? You decide.
- Meet Vesper, a new DeFi protocol designed to “strike the ideal balance between professionalism and community dynamism.”
- Luxury watchmaker Breitling is now issuing digital authentication certificates atop Ethereum.
- Popular ERC-20 bitcoin project WBTC is now supported on Coinbase Pro. Speaking of WBTC, check out defiprime’s interview with the enterprise’s latest CTO, Benedict Chan.
💱 DEX Report
- Bancor introduced its v2.1 system, which includes support for single-sided AMM support and introduces an elastic BNT supply system.
- A Uniswap governance proposal to reduce the UNI governance and quorum thresholds passed.
- The DODO DEX project announced a $5 million private sale funding round that was led by Binance Labs, Pantera Capital, and Three Arrows Capital.
- Popular Ethereum wallet MetaMask unveiled MetaMask Swaps, which lets users trade for tokens directly within their MM wallet app.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- The yEarn builders launched the y3crv Vault, which is based on Curve’s 3pool of Dai, USDC, and USDT.
- The USDC stablecoin is now available on the Stellar blockchain.
💎 NFT News
- Bluekirby.eth made a big mess in the DeFi and NFT arenas with their recent exit scam. The Daily Gwei had a great write-up on the episode, check it out.
- This week _defiprime _interviewed Rarible co-founder Alexei Falin.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 14th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋