Welcome to the 127th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between January 8th and January 15th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The CFTC charged the Mango Markets hacker with fraud.
- The SEC has charged Gemini and Genisis for unregistered securities offerings.
- The US Department of Justice is probing Saber Labs Founders over Solana-based projects.
- Polygon is to hard fork on January 17th.
- ConsenSys is to lay off upwards of 100 staff.
- Yearn Finance is planning to let anyone create Curve reward farms.
- Lens Protocol is implementing a feature where content creators can gate content based on token holdings.
- Ondo Finance announced tokenized US treasuries and bonds.
- We interviewed Joe Sticco of CryptexFinance, where we discussed things like JPEGz and concepts like index methodology and business models based on indexed products.
- The Easy Company has secured $14.2M in seed funding, aiming to launch the first social web3 wallet.
- Alkimiya has closed a $7.2M funding round, aiming to grow its cash flow hedging protocol.
- Exactly Protocol has raised $2M in funding and launched on the Ethereum mainnet.
💱 DEX Report
- Jumbo has raised $3.5M in funding, hoping to deliver its DEX ecosystem to the NEAR protocol.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 128th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋