Welcome to the 110th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between September 4th and September 11th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Abracadabra released a post-mortem on the Avalanche Cauldrons Vulnerability which was quickly solved.
- Nomad published a post about their road to recovery after their Bridge Hack.
- Primitive’s RMM-01 protocol suffered a pricing issue due to an error in math approximation functions.
- Coinbase published an article analyzing the Celer Bridge incident.
- Gensler of the SEC has stated that they’ve been ‘clear’ on crypto.
- Coinbase has also funded a lawsuit that challenges the Treasury’s decision to sanction Tornado Cash.
- A possible Miner-led Ethereum fork might occur, which hopes to stay on PoW.
- The Kiln test net will be shut down this week, with the Ropsten and Rinkeby testnets to follow later down the road.
- Uniswap has introduced a new feature called Just-in-time Liquidity to their protocol, which is a special form of provision where an LP mints and burns a concentrated position before and after a swap.
- Collider collaborated with Safe, a Web3 App Store.
- Notional Finance introduced Leveraged Vaults, which allow traders to borrow cash at a fixed rate from Notional and then put it into a whitelisted SC executing a specific yield strategy.
- Mysten Labs closed a $300M raise, with the round led by FTX Ventures.
- Bloccelerate raised $100M for their second fund, generally hoping to fund the crypto industry.
- MetaWeb, a VC firm, secured $30M in funding, hoping to fund early-stage crypto startups.
- Omni, a web3 wallet, raised $11M in seed funding, holding a $50M valuation.
- ULTRADE, part of the DeFi-as-a-Service infrastructure market, secured $2.4M in seed funding.
- Sentiment closed a $2.4M funding round, aiming to build permissionless liquidity markets.
💎 NFT News
- Paradigm announced GOO, a function that solves the divergence of NFT projects holding tokens and NFTs.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 111th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋