Welcome to the 119th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between November 6th and November 13th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- FTX stopped processing withdrawals and agreed to sell itself to Binance during the liquidity scare. However, Binance then scrapped their buyout after taking a look at FTX.
- After the FTX collapse, Binance has shared its commitment to transparency.
- Sam Bankman-Fried was also trying to put together a $9.4B rescue package for FTX.
- Tron’s Justin Sun said that he is “putting together a solution” for FTX, with no further details.
- LayerZero reached a complete equity-buyout agreement with FTX and Alameda Research.
- FTX began Chapter 11 Liquidation on Friday, and also suffered a $600M exploit.
- FTX’s collapse makes the SEC’s Gensler look bad for missing it.
- Crypto.com’s token reserves are revealed to be 20% Shiba Inu Coin.
- The SEC has won a lawsuit against $LBRY, in a blow to crypto token issuance.
- Some malicious Python packages are replacing crypto addresses in dev clipboards.
- MetaMask has launched a bridge aggregator in their Dapp, aiming to allow users to easily move tokens across chains.
- Framework Ventures’ co-founder says that DeFi gives hope, following FTX’s failure.
- Layer N, a Solana scaling protocol, has come out of stealth mode.
- Fordefi secured $18M in seed funding, aiming to launch an institutional DeFi wallet and security platform.
- Notifi, a web3 messaging infrastructure project, closed a $10M seed funding round.
- Sepana, a decentralized search startup, has raised $10M in funding.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 120th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋