Welcome to the 96th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 29th and June 5th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Terra exploit unnoticed for seven months; $90M loss
- Ethereum announced their TTD for the Ropsten test network.
- Morgan Stanley has stated that the record crypto VC investment is to slow down, even by as much as 50% by the year’s end.
- Coinbase updated their hiring plans, extending their hiring pause and rescinding accepted offers.
- Optimism’s first airdrop went live and concluded.
- Dune announced Dune Engine V2, which aims to overhaul Dune’s data architecture and their performance.
- The Graph, a proclaimed “Google of Blockchains” is sunsetting its centralized service.
- Outcome.Finance has launched, built by the same team behind UMA and Across.
- DeFi Saver is now live on the Arbitrum and Optimism networks.
- Beethoven X also went live on Optimism.
- Tesseract Finance have announced they’re closing down their project, and publishing details and withdrawal information.
- Binance’s VC segment closed a $500M fund, the first fund for them with outside capital.
- Utopia Labs raised $23M in Series A funding, with the round led by Paradigm.
- The Graph Foundation awarded Messari $12.5M in funding, performing the first core subgraph developer grant.
- SIZE secured $6M in seed funding, with the round led by investors Arrow Capital, Wintermute, and mgnr.
- Dework raised $5M in seed funding recently, with the round co-led by Paradigm and Pace.
- Laevitas closed their $2.5M seed fund round, with the round co-led by Three Arrows Capital and DeFiance Capital.
💎 NFT News
- The US has charged a former OpenSea employee in its first NFT insider trading case.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 97th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋