Welcome to the 74th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 19th and December 26th, 2021.
Looking for work in the DeFi field? We have a list of available, vetted jobs in multiple places. Find it here.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Temple DAO’s AMM recently resumed operations, after resolving a negative feedback loop error in it’s unlocking process.
- The suspect behind the $16M DeFi hack back in October is now being pursued by Canadian Law Enforcement.
- Rari Capital and Fei Protocols’ token holders have agreed on a billion dollar DAO merger, setting a new record.
- Binance recently announced an Auto-burning system for BNB, with burns stopping when supply reaches 100K. The system is to be implemented Thursday.
- Uniswap V3 announced that they have gone live on the Polygon blockchain.
- ParaSwap recently partnered with Celer cBridge to help continue it’s multichain expansion.
- Kraken recently acquired Staked, along with a new way to earn crypto rewards.
- Visor merged with Gamma Strategies, with Gamma providing liquidity for $GAMMA and distributing tokens to VISR, vVISR, and tVISR holders.
- Union Finance recently announced Union, a permissionless credit protocol which aims to allow anyone to achieve a credit line on-chain.
- Idle DAO recently announced Perpetual Yield Trenches, a feature which segments yields and risks to appeal to its diverse group of users.
- You are able to see our predictions for the DeFi space in 2022 here.
- Solscan raised $4M in seed funding, with the round being co-led by Multicoin Capital, and Electric Capital.
- B.Protocol recently raised $2.2M, to help the project’s goal of smoothing DeFi’s liquidation events.
💱 DEX Report
- DEXs’ overall this year achieved around $1T in trading volume this year.
- The new Frontier V2 app recently launched on iOS and Android, alongside a $100K sweepstakes contest.
💎 NFT News
- Arcade, an NFT-lending platform, raised $15M in a Series A funding round, with a plan to open the platform in Q1 2022.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Stablecoins reportedly grew by 388% this year, mainly because of DeFi. The Circle CEO, Jeremy Allaire, also made a prediction that 2022 will be the year stablecoins can see further adoption.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 75th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋