Welcome to the 61st issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between September 19th and September 26th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides, and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Vee Finance was recently exploited for more than $30M.
- China’s central bank has recently stated that all crypto-related activities are illegal, and promises a harsh crackdown.
- Bitcoin recently crashed to $5,402 on Pyth, as a result of their oracle network failure.
- Twitter has recently launched bitcoin tipping for iOS users via Lightning, while they also look forward to NFTs in the future.
- The Official DAI Token Bridge has recently gone live on Arbitrum One.
- Bitfinex has also launched the first L2 Bridge, facilitating ERC-20 tokens transfers, from centralized to decentralized finance.
- BarnBridge has recently partnered with UMA in a pilot liquidity mining program, so that they can offer SMART Alpha KPI options.
- Mars Protocol is launching $MARS, and has also announced their lockdrop.
- Orca recently raised $18M in a Series A funding round, with lead investors being Polychain Capital, Placeholder, and Three Arrows Capital.
- PORTAL Finance has recently raised $8.5M in a funding round, with lead investors including Coinbase Ventures, ArringtonXRP Capital, OKEx Blockdream Ventures, and more.
- Grape, a Solana-based protocol, has recently raised $1.2M in a seed funding round.
- Libre DeFi has recently finished their $800K seed funding round, with lead investors including Marshland Capital, Magnus Digital Assets, Moonrock Capital, and more.
- Polychain Capital has recently backed Prysm, a platform for NFTs and DeFi, who have an approach for ‘Social Investing’.
💱 DEX Report
- DexGuru recently unveiled its API to the public for use, and is available for free during the Beta.
💎 NFT News
- Andre Cronje’s new NFT market, Artion, based on Fantom, has recently launched.
- TIME has recently launched TIMEPieces, a collection of more than 4,500 original NFTs from more than 40 artists.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 62nd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋