Welcome to the 57th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between August 22nd and August 29th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Major bug affecting older Geth versions was spotted this week.
- a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), has recently announced its new $400M seed fund, stating that having a separate seed fund will allow them to continue to focus their offerings.
- Metamask’s dev team recently said they were open to creating its own token and having a release and airdrop.
- Risk Harbor has recently launched its automated cross-chain smart contract risk and depeg protection, made for Anchor and UST on ETH.
- Aave has recently open-sourced its Aave UI, UI caching server, and the UI kit.
- SIREN has recently launched their V2, named Lyonesse, on Polygon.
- ENS’ full DNS namespace integration recently went live on the ETH mainnet.
- a16z has recently planned on open-sourcing their token delegate program and has laid out its plan and explanation.
- Euler has recently raised $8M in a Series A funding round, led by investor Paradigm.
- Apricot Finance, a Solana-based lending platform, has recently raised $4M in funding.
- Bright Moments DAO has recently received 500 ETH, or $1.6M, from USV as an investment.
- OpenSwap has recently raised $1.5M in funding, led by investors NGC Ventures and Coin8 Ventures.
- MatrixETF has recently closed its seed and private funding round, led by Solana Eco Fund, CMS, Divergence Ventures, and many more.
- Working with Solana? We recently talked with George of Step Finance about how they are building a Solana-based DeFi portfolio manager and aggregator of the same name. Find it here.
💱 DEX Report
- Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter and Square, has recently stated that TBD, Square’s new business, will help build an open platform to make a new DEX for Bitcoin.
💎 NFT News
- Visa has recently bought CryptoPunk 7610, as it attempts to enter into the ‘NFT commerce.’
- Software and AI firm Alethea AI has recently secured $16M in funding through a private token sale, in an attempt to make a metaverse populated by NFT bots.
- Cometh.io has recently launched its Yam Finance-themed spaceship NFTs, which will be minted on cometh.io and game.cometh.io, and the proceeds will go towards adding liquidity to the $YAM pool.
- LobsterDAO has also recently announced their plans to make their own NFTs, and have also done some mockup work.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 58th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋