Welcome to the 47th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between June 13th and June 20th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The SEC is to reportedly “provide clarity on token distro, and crypto-based ETPs”, in an attempt to tighten regulatory grip on crypto-assets.
- Alchemix was recently exploited, but “thankfully”, according to Alchemix, its funds are SAFU.
- Visor Finance also got exploited recently, with $500K stolen via an account that managed some of the admin functions.
- Mark Cuban says that DeFi, according to The Block, could be the ‘next great growth engine’ for America. At the same time, algo stablecoin Titan, endorsed by Cuban, collapsed this week. Cuban called for tight regulation for the nascent DeFi industry after that.
- BitDAO launched recently, after a more than $230M funding round which includes investors like Peter Thiel, and Alan Howard.
- Switzerland’s Sygnum bank has recently just gotten into DeFi, introducing custody and trading across a wide variety of DeFi tokens, including Aave, Curve, Uniswap, and more.
- Kyber recently partnered with Polygon so they can enhance DeFi liquidity in Polygon’s ecosystem.
- Cointelegraph reports that as Yearn.Finance’s yield vaults grow, that ‘crop’ projects will define their boundaries and limits.
- The crypto wallet, Ledger, has integrated its first DeFi platform, ParaSwap.
- a16z recently published an article on DeFi and why it matters.
- The Secret Network BSC Bridge recently went live on the BSC mainnet.
- SyncDAO has launched updates, rebranding and their mascot, “Sync”, all at the same time.
- Ororo recently shared Sovryn’s backstory, and told how his team is building a bitcoin-based DeFi platform, for seamless lending and borrowing. Look at it here.
- The Graph Foundation has awarded a more than $60M grant to StreamingFast so they could join them as a core developer.
- Goldfinch recently raised $11M from Andreessen Horowitz so they could build the next phase of decentralized credit.
- The Umee Protocol has raised $6.3M in a seed round so they can create a Cross-chain DeFi hub.
💱 DEX Report
- Derivatives exchange dYdX, recently closed a $65M Series C raise, led by Paradigm.
- The decentralized derivatives platform, SynFutures, has raised $14M in a Series A led by Polychain.
💎 NFT News
- The World Wide Web (WWW) code that changed the world and its innovations, is now up for auction as a NFT collectible.
- CNN has made moments from history available for purchase with/as NFTs, in a launch of the “Vault”, by CNN themselves.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 48th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋