Welcome to the 156th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between August 6th and August 13th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Coinbase’s Base network recently had its mainnet open up to the public.
- Subsequently, Uniswap was deployed to the Coinbase L2 network Base.
- Circle stated that $1B in cash is a buffer during a market share decline.
- Clipper announced decentralized governance for its platform.
- MakerDAO unveiled a token airdrop proposal for the Spark lending protocol.
- The Mode Public Testnet recently went live.
- Coinbase Ventures invested in Rocket Pool through its RPL token purchase.
- Puffer secured $5.5M in funding, with Brevan Howard being the main backer of the round.
- Binance Labs invested $5M into the $CRV token in addition to supporting Curve’s deployment to the BNB chain.
- Xverse closed a $5M funding round where Jump Crypto was the principal investor.
- unshETH raised $3.3M in funding, aiming to use the funds to help decentralize the liquidity staking industry.
- Aave DAO approved a $2M $CRV token purchase in an OTC deal.
- DexGuru recently demoed its new Block Explorer and Data Warehouse projects.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
💱 DEX Report
- PancakeSwap and bloXroute have announced a user front-running protection partnership, hoping to protect users from sandwich attacks.
- PancakeSwap also deployed on Arbitrum in a drive for expansion.
💎 NFT News
- fxhash, a generative art NFT platform, received $5M in seed funding, with 1kx leading the round.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 157th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋