Welcome to the 45th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 30th and June 6th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Solana has raised more than $450M to attempt to challenge Ethereum.
- DeFi protocols reportedly generated more than $370M in revenue just in May.
- Dragonfly and Scalar are backing a new startup that calculates DeFi “credit scores”, which users can use to prove their creditworthiness.
- DeFi is also helping fuel the crypto market boom by a lot, and also helping the volatility of the market.
- BadgerDAO and Polygon are partnering to bring Bitcoin crosschain.
- Gnosis’ client development team joined Erigon, formerly named Turbo-Geth, to release a new next-gen ETH client.
- The crypto credit treating firm, Credmark, has pivoted to modeling protocol risks.
- The 0x Protocol API, which aims to make it easy for DeFi devs to tap into liquidity, went live on Polygon recently.
- Ever wondered about the Euro stablecoin and the new token issuance protocol? Find out here.
- Composable Finance closed a more than $7M funding round with key strategic investors.
- Impossible Finance raised $7M from a very long list of institutions and angel investors, as a Ycombinator of DeFi.
- Lithium recently raised $5M for bringing pricing data for illiquid, non-public assets to DeFi.
- Octane also closed a $1.7M investment in seed and private funding rounds.
- Sherlock Protocol raised $1.5M in a pre-seed rounds so they could create a new model to protect DeFi users from smart contract exploits.
💱 DEX Report
- DexGuru launched on Polygon recently.
- Balancer Labs recently partnered with many key investors to complete a new round of $24.25M in $BAL token.
💎 NFT News
- The crypto exchange FTX launched a platform for buying and selling NFTs recently.
- The Pandora Protocol raised $2.4M from Industry heavyweights so they could bridge more off-chain assets to Open Finance with NFTs.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 46th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋