Welcome to the 166th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 15th and October 22nd, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- A Fantom Foundation employee lost $7M in an exploit.
- The SEC won against the Thor Token Company and its founder, David Chin.
- Uniswap is to charge a fee of 0.15% to swap certain tokens on its web interface and wallet.
- SuperDAO, a DAO builder, shut down shop while returning investor money.
- A new EIP aims to change the tokenized vault standard for RWAs.
- DTCC acquired Securrency, a blockchain startup.
- Tokenized R WAs as a market could grow to be worth $10T by 2030, according to a Coindesk report.
- Scroll has confirmed its mainnet launch after certain on-chain indications were spotted last week.
- Maker’s annualized revenue rose above $200M at an all-time high.
- Elixir Protocol secured $7.5M in Series A funding, with the protocol holding a $100M valuation.
- Squads raised $5.7M in strategic funding, with the round led by Placeholder.
💱 DEX Report
- SynFutures, a derivatives DEX, closed a $22M funding round.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 167th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋