Welcome to the 162nd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between September 17th and September 24th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Balancer’s front end was exploited for $238K.
- Linear Finance reported an attack that drained its token’s liquidity.
- Google Cloud now offers data for 11 more blockchains in its BigQuery public datasets.
- JPMorgan has said that Ethereum’s activity after the Shanghai upgrade has been “disappointing.”
- Ethereum core developers are discussing if the Dencun upgrade may be deployed early next year.
- Coinbase has stated that a Base token is not “ruled out entirely.”
- Solana’s co-founder Yakovenko stated in a Fortune commentary piece, “To keep the next great American founder in America, Congress must regulate crypto. But first lawmakers should learn how it works.”
- Canto is to migrate to a ZK L2 powered by Polygon’s CDK.
- Polygon Labs proposed facilitating Celo’s migration to Ethereum L2 with its CDK.
- Injective launched its inEVM L2, aiming to support Ethereum apps.
- Stader Labs tried out a “liquid restaked token”, with the goal of amplifying staking rewards.
- Sino Global, Coinbase, and Libra have started a $60M web3 fund.
- GRVT, a project aiming to build a hybrid exchange, secured $7.1M in pre-seed and seed funding.
- Essential announced its $5.15M seed funding round, hoping to use the funds to further aid their project.
- Freantic secured $3.6M in seed funding, with the round led by a16z.
- Bubblemaps, a data visualization firm, raised $3.2M in funding.
- Orb, a Lens Protocol-based app, closed a $2.3M funding round.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Circle has clarified that USD coin and Euro Coin are now known exclusively as $USDC and $EURC.
- Binance warned of stablecoin delistings as their lawyers determine how MiCA will apply to them.
- Circle issued native $USDC on Polkadot.
💎 NFT News
- Disgruntled Nouns NFT holders have exited the project with $27M from its treasury.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 163rd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋