Welcome to the 117th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 23rd and October 30th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Team Finance has suffered a $14.5M exploit.
- Compound has paused the supply of $YFI, $ZRX, $BAT, and $MKR to protect against possible exploits.
- SEC and CFTC chairs might disagree over whether or not Ethereum is a security.
- Gensler has stated that the SEC sees centralization in crypto markets.
- Google Cloud has announced its own blockchain node-hosting service, starting with the Ethereum chain.
- Coinbase and MakerDAO have launched a $USDC institutional rewards program.
- The NEAR Foundation has set aside $40M to fund the USN Protection Programme.
- Arf has raised $13M in funding, with the investors including Circle Ventures, Hard Yaka, and more.
- Origami, a DAO framework, has closed a $6.2M funding round, with Bloomberg Beta leading the round.
- Thala Labs has secured $6M in funding, with ParaFi leading the round.
- Paragraph, a web3 publishing platform, raised $1.7M in funding.
- Spice Finance has closed a $1.7M funding round, with the round led by Shima Capital.
- Fluidity has announced a $1.3M seed funding round, with the round led by Multicoin Capital.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
💱 DEX Report
- The Quickswap DEX suffered an exploit of $220K and closed lending markets following the exploit.
- SushiSwap has approved its restructuring and plans to create 3 firms for its DAO.
- SushiSwap’s new Head Chef describes himself as a wartime CEO.
💎 NFT News
- Reddit has taken a unique approach to make NFTs mainstream, generally avoiding crypto lingo.
- Twitter reportedly will allow users to buy and sell NFTs through tweets.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 118th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋