Welcome to the 155th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between July 30th and August 6th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The SEC sued Richard Heart, HEX, and PulseChain with charges of unregistered securities and fraud allegations.
- JPMorgan has stated that the Curve contagion is contained, but DeFi is still “shrinking or stalling.”
- Uniswap delisted HEX after the SEC sued the project.
- PancakeSwap is to share trading-fee revenue with $CAKE token stakers.
- Michael Egorov sold off more $CRV to DCFGod and others for a total of $42M.
- The Abracadabra Forum introduced a new proposal, #13.5, to adjust the interest rate for the $CRV cauldrons.
- Aave Governance also introduced a new proposal to buy $CRV tokens with its $USDT treasury.
- Trader Joe launched on Ethereum, with the $JOE token jumping 3%.
- MetaMask’s origin story was challenged in a new lawsuit.
- OKX added a new account abstraction feature to its web3 wallet.
- The Bald memecoin whipsawed in a trading session, falling 70% as the developer pulled liquidity.
- Solv Protocol closed a $6M funding round, with the round led by Nomura.
- Conic Finance raised $1M in funding, with the round led by Curve’s founder Michael Egorov.
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 156th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋