Welcome to the 136th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between March 12th and March 19th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Euler Finance was exploited for ~$200M.
- PeopleDAO lost $120K after a hacker found a Google Sheet with payout information.
- Gensler has suggested that PoS tokens are securities.
- Coinbase is adding Uniswap and Aave to their L2 chain, Base.
- MetaMask has received updates, improving the overall experience alongside improving privacy.
- MetaMask also saw record volume, as the Silvergate incident unfolded.
- Arbitrum is to airdrop $ARB and transition to a DAO.
- The Orca Exchange is to block US trading by March 31st.
- mStable, an exchange, is mulling over offers of acquisition.
- Uniswap V3 recently went live on the BNB chain.
- MakerDAO is considering the use of an emergency switch for prevention of future depegs.
- DeFiance Capital has raised $100M in funding for their liquid token fund.
- Capsule secured an undisclosed amount of funding, with the round led by a16z.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- $USDC has regained its dollar peg, alongside the removal of $3.3B of Reserve Risk.
- Coinbase has recently halted trading of $BUSD.
- $HOPE has recently emerged as a new stablecoin started by Flex Yang, who was formerly associated with Babel Finance.
- CNHC, a stablecoin issuer, has closed a $10M funding round.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 137th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋