Welcome to the 114th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 2nd and October 9th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The BNB bridge was recently hacked, with around 2M $BNB taken.
- The court has ruled that the CFTC legally served the Ooki DAO through their help bot.
- Paradigm is arguing that Ethereum’s Staking model doesn’t make $ETH a security.
- Sushi has been told to restructure into different legal entities to minimize risk with the CFTC by outside lawyers.
- SWIFT is saying that it has been proven that they are the way forward for global GBDCs.
- ConsenSys and Bankless have announced the first “DAOlationship”.
- The Flashbots co-founder stepped down after disagreements over censorship within the team.
- We recently talked with Victor Tran about KyberSwap and its backstory, how DeFi has changed over time, and how KyberSwap is competing with others.
- M31 Capital has launched a new $100M web3 fund.
- Golden secured $40M in Series B funding, aiming to build a decentralized protocol for knowledge.
- Paradigm leads $14M round for DeFi Platform Exponential
- Scale3 Labs closed a $5.3M funding round for their infrastructure startup.
- SushiSwap has received $5.2M in investment from GoldenTree.
- Arch, a startup, has raised $5M in funding, wanting to become the “BlackRock of web3”.
💱 DEX Report
- A hacker returned 70% of the $21M taken from the Transit Swap DEX.
- The Sushi DAO voted in their new Head Chef that will oversee the DEX.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 115th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋