Welcome to the 80th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between February 6th and February 13th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Optimism is fixing a critical exploit in their Geth fork, but no funds were lost.
- Wonderland DAO’s controversy continues after one of the co-founders, Michael Patryn of QuadrigaCX, had control of the treasury.
- MakerDAO also launched a $10M bug bounty on Immunefi.
- B.Protocol recently announced integration with Vesta Finance, converting liquidated ETH and other tokens to VST and re-deposits it into Stability pools.
- After the GIP-13 proposal passed, vCow has been launched as part of the CoW ecosystem.
- KALI wrapped up its beta and went live on February 8th on the mainnets of Ethereum, Arbitrum, and Rinkeby.
- MetaFactory recently discussed their plans for 2022.
- We covered applications of IAD Principles to the DAO structure and open questions that we have so far about it.
- Polygon raised $450M in funding, with the lead investors being Sequoia Capital India, SoftBank, and Tiger Global.
- Alchemy raised $200M in a Series C-1 funding round, planning to use the money to support Web3 devs.
- MetaStreet raised $14M in seed and initial DAO liquidity, led by Dragonfly Capital.
- SO-COL raised $1.75M in seed funding, to help aid their goal of empowering creators and their fanbases.
💱 DEX Report
- Swivel Exchange launched on the mainnet on February 10th, while also announcing Liquidity incentives.
- X Marketplace is enhancing it’s X Token rewards on their marketplace.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- The US House had a Stablecoin Hearing, while the US Senate had a Spot Market Hearing, with both taking place on February 8th.
💎 NFT News
- On February 10th YouTube elaborated their plans for NFTs, allowing for verification of NFTs and watching games with others in the metaverse.
- OpenSea announced two ecosystem investments on February 11th, aimed at supporting creators, teams and technologies in Web3.
- A user bought NFTs from a Crypto rapper and feels cheated by OpenSea after they soon disappeared during the rapper’s arrest for laundering crypto.
- OnlyFans also jumped on NFT profile picture verification.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 81st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋