Welcome to the 107th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between August 14th and August 21st, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Compound has stated that their multi-chain Comet upgrade is ready to be released.
- Nansen recently announced Nansen Portfolio, a personal DeFi dashboard.
- Gnosis Safe received a proposal for $SAFE distribution.
- Mainstream was announced, which is a product aiming to make governance easier.
- Also, another new product named Nucleo was introduced, aimed at private, auditable multisigs.
- Canto recently released launch details and events scheduled for the launch.
- Yearn recently announced their rebrand, with new logos and more.
- LD Capital launched LD Capital X, a new $200M fund from LD dedicated to web3 investment.
- Shima Capital also secured $200M in funding for a new fund, with Bill Ackman among other investors investing.
- Fractional, who also performed a rebrand to Tessera, closed a $20M funding round, with Paradigm serving as the lead investor.
- .bit, made up of Tencent veterans, raised $13M in funding.
- Primitive closed a $9M funding round, planning to build a AMM discovery platform.
- Safeheron secured $7M in Series Pre-A raise funding.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Meson secured $4M in funding, aiming to use the funds to develop a minute-fast stablecoin protocol.
💱 DEX Report
- Oasis released a statement on why some addresses were blocked on August 11th, saying that it was related to compliance with Tornado Cash sanctions.
💎 NFT News
- CoinFund launched a new $300M web3 fund, aimed specifically at NFTs, gaming, and L1 blockchains.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 108th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋