Welcome to the 77th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between January 16th and January 23rd, 2022.
Looking for work in the DeFi field? We have a list of available, vetted jobs in multiple places.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Aave recently announced governance V3 for their platform, with free voting, integration with the SnapshotX system, and more.
- OlympusDAO established $OHM as a liquid asset on Balancer, with projects now being able to maximize their protocol-owned liquidity in $OHM.
- Copper also became the first platform recently to add $OHM as an option for collateral, introducing an option for projects who partnered with Olympus to use Copper as a launch option for their LBP.
- Ideamarket recently announced both their governance token, $IMO, launching 2/2/2022 along with an airdrop, and their roadmap for the future.
- CryptoStats revealed itself on January 18th, with their project goal being the creation of a neutral source for crypto metrics, managed by the community.
- With increased interest in the Fantom blockchain, 0xDAO has announced itself, aiming at being a DAO ecosystem for Fantom.
- Mechanism Capital recently launched a new $100M fund, with the main focus being on P2E gaming investment, and partnerships with studios.
- Burnt Finance recently raised $8M, with the lead investor being Animoca Brands.
- PlotX closed a $5M funding round, co-led by Polygon and Hashed, to help enlargen the play-to-earn ecosystem.
💱 DEX Report
- Multichain recently announced that there was a critical vulnerability that affects 6 cross-chain tokens, with risk for users if they approved the token before.
💎 NFT News
- Big Daddy Ape Club, a Solana NFT project, rug-pulled investors of $1.3M, even when they had civic ‘verification’.
- Walmart looks like it’s about to enter the metaverse, with plans to create its own crypto, and a collection of NFTs for Walmart.
- OpenSea confirmed its acquisition of Dharma on January 18th, with Dharma Lab’s Hollander being picked for the role of CTO. The deal was estimated to fall between $110M and $130M.
- NFTX introduced inventory staking on the 20th of January, allowing people to add their NFTs to a vault and stake their position to get part of the vault fees.
- Metaplex, an NFT marketplace builder for Solana, raised $46M, with the project looking to increase its operations after its release in 2021.
- POAP inc, a project aimed at preserving memories as digital records minted as an ERC-721 token, raised $10M in funding.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 78th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋