Welcome to the 174th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 10th and December 17th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- An issue with Ledger ConnectKit’s library affected multiple DApps.
- The Nirvana Finance hacker pled guilty and agreed to pay restitution.
- The CFTC’s Chair has claimed that most cryptocurrencies are commodities.
- The SEC rejected Coinbase’s request for a separate regulatory framework for crypto.
- JPMorgan predicts that Ethereum will outperform Bitcoin next year.
- SafeMoon filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy after executives were arrested and they were charged by the SEC.
- Coinbase listed $SEAM as part of its day-one listings after Seamless Protocol listed $SEAM.
- Osmosis registered gains recently amid a volume spike.
- Synthetix is to end $SNX token inflation, shifting towards a focus on buybacks and burns.
- Starknet developers will now receive a slice of network fees under its new program.
- Namada allocated 3% of its token supply to incentivized testnet users.
- Coti planned an expansion to the Ethereum ecosystem with an L2 network.
- Swarm launched a permissionless trading platform for tokenized RWAs.
- Rainbow unveiled points for Ethereum users, hoping to target the MetaMask community.
- Dynamic Labs secured $13.5M in Series A funding, with the round led by a16z.
- Lolli, a Bitcoin rewards provider, raised $8M in Series B funding.
- NodeKit closed a $1.2M pre-seed funding round, aiming to build an Avalanche-based network for rollups with the funds.
- Morph raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Bitget.
💱 DEX Report
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 175th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋