Welcome to the 132nd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between February 12th and February 19th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- A Tornado Cash developer is to stay in jail as the Dutch trial continues.
- Sushi has launched Sushi Studios, aiming to continue the DAO’s growth mission while doing it in a risk-averse manner.
- Binance has released an analysis of the upcoming Shanghai update.
- Balancer recently launched Generalized Boosted Pools.
- Collab.Land has released an airdrop for more than 2M users.
- Flashbots has introduced MEV-Share, aiming to provide a portion of MEV to users, not just validators and block builders.
- The Huobi Cloud Wallet is no longer being maintained, with the platform to shut down by May 2023.
- Push Protocol, a wallet messaging application, has gone live on the BNB chain.
- Sending Labs has secured $12.5M in funding.
- Caldera has raised $9M in funding, aiming to enable Web3 further.
- Ironblocks has closed a $7M funding round, hoping to build a cybersecurity platform.
- Nefta, a Web3 tooling startup, has raised $5M in seed funding.
- Aura Network raised $4M in Pre-Series A funding, with the round co-led by Hashed and Coin98.
- Phi has announced a $2M seed funding round.
- Salsa has raised $2M in a pre-seed funding round.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Paxos is facing an SEC lawsuit, due to listing the $BUSD stablecoin.
- An NYDFS regulator has stated that Paxos hasn’t administered BUSD in a “Safe and Sound” manner.
💎 NFT News
- Blur, an NFT marketplace, was set to complete a funding round at a billion-dollar valuation. Blur also launched an airdrop.
- Blur has escalated its royalty battle with OpenSea, and is trying to gain a greater share of the market.
- Rand Gallery, an Algorand NFT marketplace, has bought the data aggregator NFT Explorer.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 133rd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋