Welcome to the 125th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 18th and December 25th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Ankr stated that an ex-employee caused a $5M exploit.
- The SEC filed unregistered securities charges against the Thor token creators for the 2018 ICO.
- Bankman-Fried is in FBI custody, and Ellison and Wang have pled guilty and are cooperating with authorities.
- The SEC has also called the $FTT token a security.
- A Visa proposal would allow users to set up automatic payments from their own wallets without any centralized middleman.
- Uniswap unveiled its second wave of foundation grants.
- Vitalik Buterin revealed 3 opportunities for developers to build game-changing apps in 2023.
- VCs are stating that a funding dry spell, a death of centralized exchanges, and the rebirth of NFTs are things to watch in 2023.
- DAOs are now recognized as LLCs in the Marshall Islands.
- Cogni, a neobank, is the first FDIC-insured bank to add a web3 crypto wallet.
- Uniswap DAO members voted in favor of a new governance process.
- MetaMask has launched the aggregated swaps feature on the Portfolio Dapp and the L2 networks Arbitrum and Optimism.
- Popsicle’s $ICE token tripled in value as Danielle Sestagalli, founder of Wonderland, returned.
- Polygon’s founder unveiled a web3 accelerator Beacon.
- BitDAO’s $100M Token Buyback Plan has received negative reviews.
- Fluidity launched on the mainnet on December 19th.
- Drift Protocol has relaunched into the Solana landscape with V2.
- a16z funds reportedly still have billions to deploy, according to co-founder Chris Dixon.
- Foundation Devices, a project aiming to create a ‘truly air-gapped’ hardware wallet, raised $7M in funding.
- Pods secured $5.6M in funding, aiming to create structured products for crypto assets.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
💱 DEX Report
💎 NFT News
- OpenSea is delisting Cuban artists to comply with US sanctions.
- Revel closed a $7.8M funding round, aiming to become the Robinhood and Instagram of NFT platforms.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 126th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋