Welcome to the 120th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between November 13th and November 21st, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- It’s speculated that the FTX collapse will trigger a move away from centralization.
- An FTX filing has stated that they moved assets away from the Bahamas after bankruptcy.
- The SEC has moved to suspend sales of CryptoFed DAO tokens.
- The CFTC has pushed back against Amicus briefs in the Ooki DAO lawsuit.
- A UK law commission took a look at DAO legal reforms on November 16th.
- An investment manager was arrested for a $10M crypto ponzi scheme.
- Circle has released a statement on FTX and the turmoil caused by the platform.
- Genesis’ lending component is halting withdrawals per the FTX collapse.
- According to Oxygen, on their lending platform, FTX was the custodian for a majority of their tokens.
- Uniswap recently released Permit2 and a universal router, to improve ERC20 token approvals and integrate swaps into one router.
- zkSync announced $200M in Series C funding, with the round co-led by Blockchain and Dragonfly Capital.
- Jumbo raised $3.5M in funding, with the round led by Pantera and Huobi Incubator.
- Veax, a trading protocol on $NEAR, closed a $1.2M pre-seed funding round.
💎 NFT News
- Joepegs secured $5M in funding from FTX and Avalanche for their NFT marketplace.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 121st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋