Welcome to the 111th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between September 11th and September 18th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Ethereum finished the Merge upgrade last week.
- BlockSec has detected a replay exploit with ETHPoW tokens.
- The future of Crypto is more challenging after a CPI report has reported inflation not slowing as much as expected.
- Another issue is that crypto lending is paying less than the safest US government debt, which could estrange people.
- Gensler of the SEC is signaling extra scrutiny towards PoS cryptocurrencies, stating that they could be investment contracts that could be subject to securities regulations.
- The White House has also published an extensive framework on the development of crypto.
- Different PoW forks have been formed from the Ethereum Merge.
- According to a former bank executive, fixed interest rates can create a DeFi 2.0 for banks.
- Skip Protocol announced MEV Satellite, a Cosmos ecosystem MEV dashboard, which also serves as a Python library.
- Ribbon Finance has also introduced Ribbon Lend, their own lending platform.
- Infura is planning to launch its own decentralized protocol.
- The Compound Treasury has launched borrowing for institutions.
- Two Sigma Ventures has secured $400M in funding over two rounds.
- NEAR recently unveiled their $100M VC fund, aiming at web3 and entertainment.
- Ohanian, an NFT profile picture project, closed a $54M funding round, despite the conditions arising from crypto winter.
- Goldsky secured $20M in funding, aiming to bring real-time on-chain data to crypto companies.
- Magna, a token management platform, closed $15M in seed funding with a $70M valuation.
- Alchemy, a web3 dev platform, has raised $12M for its new VC fund.
- Satschel has secured $5.2M in funding, with the company partnered with Assure.
- Sender raised $4.5M in private funding, with the round led by Pantera.
- Sherlock, a crypto auditing platform, has secured $4M in funding.
- Synquote, an options trading startup, closed a $2.8M funding round, with the round led by Initialized and Polygon.
- Binance Labs increased their strategic investment by an unknown amount in Aptos Labs.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- A South Korean court has issued an arrest warrant for Do Kwon, Co-Founder of Terra, and 5 others.
💎 NFT News
- Starbucks is focusing on making reward NFTs for Starbucks reward members.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 112th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋