Welcome to the 101-102nd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s combined issue covers events between July 3rd and July 17th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Porter Finance shut down their bond issuance platform, citing competition and inability to to take on the legal risks of bonds.
- Premia has introduced their new tokenomics, vePREMIA, which replaces xPREMIA, their former tokenomics system.
- Binance published their half-year report on the market on July 15th.
- Celsius, a crypto lender, filed for bankruptcy protection as part of crypto winter.
- Impossible Finance announced vIDIA, a token aimed at rewarding users and extending their ecosystem.
- StarkWare confirmed that they are launching their StarkNet token, but there will be no airdrops until next year.
- Shell has decided on using the Arbitrum chain for their V2 launch.
- Multicoin Capital recently announced their third crypto fund, valued at $430M.
- Gnosis raised $100M in funding, with the round led by 1kx, aiming to allow digital asset management.
- Morpho secured $18M in funding, with the round co-led by a16z and Variant, aiming to change DeFi lending.
- ZKX closed a $4.5M seed funding round, aiming to solve common challenges in DeFi.
💎 NFT News
- Gamestop’s NFT marketplace launched on July 11th, with their wallet being released ahead of the marketplace.
- Infinite recently pre-minted 1M NFTs (ERC721i) for ~$3 only.
- Reddit is launching an NFT avatar marketplace soon, joining others in pursuing NFTs.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Tether announced Celsius’ loan liquidation process recently.
- Aave recently proposed $GHO, a new stablecoin pegged to the USD.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 103rd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋