Welcome to the 67th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 31st and November 7th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides, and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- bZx, a DeFi lending protocol, was recently exploited again for roughly $55M. Team already published Preliminary Post Mortem
- DeFi exploits so far for this year total around $680M so far, with more than 70 major exploits across many blockchains.
- Aave has recently announced V3, with the main improvements being the introduction of L2-specific features, more community contribution, risk management improvements, and more.
- Wrapped Ripple wXRP is to launch on the Ethereum blockchain in December.
- Matt Huang, a Paradigm co-founder, recently joined the board of directors for Stripe.
- ConsenSys AG Shareholders are readying legal action over their share valuation, with the main issue being the valuation of key pillars of the Ethereum ecosystem like MetaMask and Infura.
- A new implementation of Etherscan has been announced by the name of SnowTrace, which is a blockchain explorer for the Avalanche.
- ENS Protocol has recently decentralized governance for themselves, and is also accepting applications for its DAO delegates and airdropping $ENS tokens.
- The Indexed Finance DAO voted between October 27th and November 2nd on the plans for compensation of the exploit.
- Spruce, a decentralized identity startup, raised $7.5M, with the round being co-led by Ethereal Ventures, and Electric Capital.
- Tempus, a protocol which allows users to re-allocate the risk of interest rate fluctuations, recently raised $4M in strategic funding.
- Avalanche has launched a fresh new $220M investment fund, with the goal of attracting developers to the Avalanche blockchain.
💱 DEX Report
- Katana, a Ronin DEX, recently went live on the 4th of November, aiming to allow easy swaps of various assets within the Axie Infinity ecosystem.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- The PWG on the 1st of November released a report and recommendations on stablecoins, stating that they could be used as a means of payment for households and businesses, but that it has current risks that need to be solved.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 68th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋