Welcome to the 53rd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between July 25th and August 1st, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Recently the Siam Commercial Bank president has stated that, DeFi, by definition, cannot be fully regulated.
- Uniswap is rumored to be talking with PayPal, Robinhood and other companies in a deleted video in the panel at the EthCC conference.
- Legislation to provide a “comprehensive framework” to regulate the digital asset market, including crypto and stablecoins, has been introduced into the US Congress.
- The Bank of America, FTX, Coinbase Ventures and more have joined a $300M funding round in Paxos.
- Ascensive Asset’s investors have raised a $130M fund for DeFi bets, with the investors also being high-net-worth individuals in Asia connected to the gambling industry.
- Synthetix has gone live on Optimistic Ethereum, a L2 network for the ETH blockchain itself.
- Tenderly has raised $15.3M to try to help ETH developers ship decentralized apps quicker.
- Yield Guild Games has raised $12.5M in a token sale which completed in just 31 seconds.
- Biconomy has raised $9M in private funding so that they can further their aim to simplify crypto transactions.
- Hedgehog Markets have recently raised $3.5M in a funding round, with main investors including the Solana Foundation and Alameda Research.
- $3.3M has also been recently raised for an ETH options protocol built on Optimism and Synthetix.
- ETH based project, EthSign, has recently raised $650K in seed funding to put signed documents on the ETH blockchain.
💱 DEX Report
- The Stablecoin exchange/DEX based on Solana, Saber, has recently raised $7.7M in seed funding.
💎 NFT News
- Coca-Cola has created its first collection of brand-inspired NFTs, partnering with the digital artist Tafi to release the collection.
- NFTs are now available for purchase on Zerion, with Zerion also launching their own limited-edition NFTs.
- AlchemyNFT has recently raised $6M to build its remix NFT platform, with investors including Crypto.com, Mark Cuban, OKEx Blockdream Ventures, and more.
- The NFT-based game Splinterlands has recently raised $3.6M through a private-token sale of the SPS token, forming the basis of the game’s governance proposals.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 54th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋