Welcome to the 165th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 8th and October 15th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Stars Arena’s hacker returned 90% of the funds after the exploit.
- The SEC appears to have no plans to appeal the Grayscale spot Bitcoin ETF.
- Lido Finance faced a slashing penalty of more than $30K.
- The Ethereum L2 Scroll went live on the mainnet.
- BarnBridge’s DAO held a vote to determine how to handle SEC regulations.
- Blocknative layed off a third of its workforce after the pause on its relay project.
- ApeCoin DAO proposed releasing a zk-Powered L2 chain.
- Morpho Blue seeks to upend lending by removing DAO bottlenecks.
- Out of the $40M of Arbitrum STIP grants, GMX received the largest share, with 29 projects receiving some share total.
- Account Labs, a project aiming to create a Google-enabled wallet, secured $7.7M in funding.
- Parsec, an on-chain analytics platform, received $4M in funding.
- Initia, an L1 project, raised an undisclosed amount in funding.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
💱 DEX Report
- Trader Joe’s, the grocery chain, sued the DEX of the same name for copyright infringement.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 166th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋