Welcome to the 135th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between March 5th and March 12th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- A hacker who stole $1.59M in funding from Tender.fi has returned the funds.
- Powell has stated that “We don’t want to stifle innovation.”
- A New York Attorney General has alleged that Ethereum is a security.
- The DAO has received legal recognition, with the passing of the Utah DAO Act.
- Coinbase recently announced “Wallet as a service”.
- Scroll, an Ethereum L2 Network, raised $50M in funding.
- Trevor Traina, a serial entrepreneur, and ex-diplomat has closed a $25M funding round.
- Proven, a crypto firm providing ZK-proof tech, has announced its $15.8M funding round.
- Cubist, a project that aims to prove web3 dev tools, has secured $7M in funding.
💱 DEX Report
- Hedera confirmed that hackers had targeted multiple liquidity pools on multiple DEXs.
- LI.FI, a crypto startup, has spun up a DEX aggregator and a bridge.
- Maverick, a DeFi protocol, has unveiled a Uniswap rival DEX on Ethereum.
- Mauve, a compliance-first DEX, has raised $15M in funding.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Coinbase stopped conversion between dollars and $USDC.
- MakerDAO has launched an emergency proposal to limit $USDC exposure.
- Gyroscope announced their $4.5M funding round, as they prepare to launch a unique stablecoin.
- ECSA, a stablecoin issuer, has closed a $3M funding round.
💎 NFT News
- Blur bid incentives may be skewing the market, as in some cases offers on NFTs are above the buy-now price.
- NFTs are not securities yet, according to German finance officials.
- Forkast Labs, an Animoca-based startup, created an S&P 500 of NFTs.
- Tensor has secured $3M in funding for a Solana-focused NFT trading platform.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 136th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋